Xaviant revealed today that their popular battle royale game The Culling will be making its way to Xbox One through the Xbox Game Preview program today.
The Culling hit PC last year, and is a popular battle royale game where one has less than 25 minutes to kill the other fifteen players by any means necessary in order to win a match. There are no respawns in The Culling, so if you die, you’re dead for good. You can check out some of the game’s different features below:
- Intense 25 minute,16 player matches. Available in both solo and team modes.
- Sharpen your skills in the tutorial, or try your hand at the offline survival mode against waves of murderous robots.
- Battle it out in the lush island paradise of The Island or the intimate halls of Cul County Correctional.
- Gain levels and unlock more than one thousand customization items to help your contestant stick out from the pack.
- Choose your poison and pick from dozens of ranged and melee weapons.
- Turn up the action to 11 with Lightning Rounds.
- What’s a game show without events? Try your luck at Shake & Bake, Loot Piñata and more!
- Outfit your character with powerful perks and airdrops that could give you the upperhand in battle.
- Victory is even sweeter when it comes at the expense of your friends. Play in private matches and find out who on your friends list is the best.
Micheal McMain, CEO and Founder of Xaviant, had the following to say about bringing The Culling to Xbox One:
“We are thrilled to bring battle royale to Xbox One with The Culling. Our team has put a tremendous amount of effort into controls, optimization, and balance to make sure the Xbox experience is top-notch. We couldn’t be more excited to use feedback from Game Preview players to take The Culling to the next level.”
DualShockers’ very own Ryan Meitzler previewed the game last year, commenting that “As much as the Roman gladiatorial games were one of the heights of competition for ancient civilizations, The Culling shows that spirit is alive and well with gameplay that’s as much fun to watch (making it a prime title for streamers) as it is to engage in.” The Culling is currently available through Early Access on PC.