We are now over two years out from the initial release of Tom Clancy’s The Division, and Ubisoft has consistently supported the game with updates and new content since launch. Today, Update 1.8.1, also known as the Resistance update, was released, and it adds Xbox One X support to the game alongside two new global events and other enhancements.
Unfortunately, Ubisoft did not really delve into the specifics of The Division’s Xbox One X support outside of the fact that the game will now run in 4K. Other things the Resistance update brings are the Blackout and Onslaught global event, which are happening over the next month, a better drop rate for classified level gear, and various bug fixes. You can check out the list of patch notes below:
- Increased drop rate for Classified Gear
- Legendary difficulty added for Amherst’s Apartment and Grand Central Station missions
- More than 40 new commendations
- Global Events offer new Classified Gear Set catches specific to each set
- Legendary Missions have 20% chance to reward Classified Gear
- Assignments provide more Division Tech
- Season Pass supply drop awards 100 Division Tech
- Bug fixes
If you are already an avid fan of the first game, you’ll probably be happy to hear that The Division is getting a sequel. Ubisoft has promised to reveal more about Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 later this year at E3.
Tom Clancy’s The Division is currently available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. If you want to pick the game up, you can currently do so on Amazon.