Today, developer KING Art Games and publisher THQ Nordic announced that its strategy RPG, The Dwarves, has received a “major update,” adding a new gameplay experience referred to as “Challenges.”
Challenges are said to give players access to three new and different game modes. The first is Horde Mode, where the heroes fight against a vast enemy army that grows in numbers and difficult from wave to wave. You know, classic Horde Mode stuff.
The second is called Time Challenge, which demands players to kill all opponents as fast as possible. Lastly, there is the new Chase mode. In this mode the goal is to capture a running Orc with his rucksack, while also hacking and slashing through all his comrades.
The new modes can be played directly from the main menu. Additionally, through these modes players will earn points which in turn can be used to unlock all of the game’s 15 heroes to use in said modes. There will also be a high score leaderboard included.
The free update is live on all platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, and Xbox One. You can view its patch notes below:
– New game modes: 3 different Challenges on 6 maps
– 3 new achievements for the new challenges
– New campaign difficulty mode: Very Easy
– Engine update: performance upgrade in many scenes
– Divided display language and subtitle option
– Turkish language added (Subtitles / OnScreen-Text)
– Optimized camera collision
– Additional graphics settings
– Free Key Bindings
The Dwarves is available for $39.99 USD. You can check out our review of it, here.