The Elder Scrolls Online Update 5 Now on Public Test Servers; Adds New Dungeons, Facial Animations and More
The Elder Scrolls Online development team has posted a new update today, detailing what is to come in Update 5, which is now available for testing on the public test servers.
Game director Matt Firor wrote in the post, giving new details on what to expect with these new additions and changes. Players can expect a new veteran dungeon, facial animations and even a system for dealing with groups that get separated while questing.
Firor went on to explain several key features to look out fore, including:
- A new Veteran Dungeon: City of Ash continues the dungeon’s story and introduces dangerous new challenges for your group.
- The new facial animation system makes NPCs far more lifelike during conversations.
- Repeatable Pledges: The Undaunted now reward players once a day for specific dungeon runs with special loot and trophies.
- Repeatable Writs: You’ll be able to obtain certification in your crafting skills and then complete Writs for inspiration, materials, and special Survey Reports that will lead you to high-yield harvesting nodes.
- Dungeon level scaling: Dungeons’ enemies and rewards will scale to the level of the group leader, giving you more chances to group up, experience a challenge and get appropriate rewards.
- More player separation fixes: More quests will be streamlined so you aren’t separated from your group members as often while adventuring.
- Those are the main highlights of Update 5, but much more is coming, including the new Dwemer crafting style, a new item set to craft, chat bubbles and our continued effort to expand delves throughout the game. And, of course, the update will bring plenty of bug fixes and other improvements.
For those devoted adventurers of Tamriel, you can find the whole list of changes in the full patch notes. The Elder Scrolls Online is available now for PC and is still set to release on PS4 and Xbox One, likely sometime in 2015.