The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gets Lots of Gameplay Info from Eiji Aonuma
During Nintendo’s Treehouse Live at E3 livestream The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Producer Eiji Aonuma talked more about the game.
- Aomuma-san mentioned that he created the game with the idea of breaking the conventions of the franchise. That said, Link still starts by waking up.
- In this game, they decided to introduce an element of technology, like the Seikah Slate that is found at the beginning of the game.
- You can find and wear clothing items.
- The Seikah Slate can activate triggers and other functional elements.
- You can climb up walls and rocky cliffs. There is a green gauge showing his stamina. He can climb only until it depletes.
- The subtitle of the game is intended to focus on the world of Zelda.
- There are a lot of items scattered around the world and they can be found via exploration.
- There are elements of the environment incorporated in the gameplay, like rocks that can be pushed off slopes and cliffs.
- The map was shown, you can see it below, the circle in the middle represents the plateau included in the E3 demo.
- Grass can be set on fire.
- Axes can be used to chop down trees to gather apples and firewood.
- You can find Koroks hiding everywhere in the world.
- You can use swords to cut grass.
- Weapons will break as you use them. The cycle of the game involves you to battle enemies and continuously take their weapons.
- Food items like mushrooms and apples can be used to heal. You can see in the UI how much they heal. There won’t be any hearts in the grass this time around.
- It’s almost like a survival game in a way.
- If you fight with perfect timing, enemies get staggered and it’s easier to fight them.
- The four-legged mecha seen in the trailer are named “guardians.”
- Not much of the story will be provided up-front. You’ll learn it little by little.
- The cel-shaded style makes identifying items in the environment easier. They didn’t simply want to use an anime style, but they wanted to adapt the visual style to the gameplay.
- Since the player is able to explore everywhere, the team had to take a different approach with audio, and make it a lot more dynamic. There are a lot of environmental sounds, and they tried to blend them with the gameplay. The piano is set to match the environment and to strike a chord in people’s heart.
- The game has as many ways to play it as there are players playing it.
- Weapons can be thrown.
- There are explosive barrels.
- New Zelda items will come to Miitomo at 3 PM pacific time.
Have something to tell us about this article?