After the resignation of Takashi Sensui, who will move to the North American headquarters, the control of the marketing of Xbox in Japan moved to the retail group headquarters, and will be handled primarily by Consumer & Partners Group General Manager Yoshinami Takahashi.
It’s quite interesting to notice that Takahashi was just recently hired by Microsoft in July. Below you can see a detailed overview of his career:
- 1987 – Sony Corporation joined Consumer Sales Division assigned
- 1991 – Sony America Product Manager
- 2001 – Sony Eurasia Deputy General Manager
- 2004 – Sony Europe Vice President, Consumer Group
- 2007 – Sony Corporation Home Entertainment Division Deputy Division
- 2012 – Sony America Executive Vice President, Consumer Marketing
- July 2014 – Joined Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd. and appointed as Executive Officer Consumer & Partners Group General Manager
Takahashi-san had quite the stellar career, and spent a quarter of a century working in several areas of Sony all over the world before making the leap to Microsoft.
It’ll be interesting to see how he and his colleague Nobuyoshi Yokoi will handle Xbox in Japan. They definitely have an uphill task there, but hopefully they’ll manage to bring some serious competition to the table. The country could definitely use some to give a push to the home console market.