The Outer Worlds New Patch Features Bug Fixes and the Option to Increase Text Size
In one of the first big patches for The Outer Worlds, players will now have the option to adjust the font size of in-game text.
While it’s only been out for a few weeks, Obsidian Entertainment’s RPG The Outer Worlds has already found itself a legion of fans thanks to its compelling gameplay and irresistible world. Coming a few weeks after its debut, one of the game’s first patches is bringing a number of fixes to the space RPG, both major and minor.
Obsidian Entertainment has released the patch notes for update 184.108.40.206 for The Outer Worlds, with the update aiming to address a number of general bug fixes and issues across all platforms. Specifically, one of the biggest updates (and noted fan requests) in the update is the ability to change the in-game font size for conversations with other characters, subtitles, and other text in certain areas of the game.
For a closer look at the exact updates and changes in the update for The Outer Worlds, you can find the 220.127.116.11 patch notes below from Obsidian.
The Outer Worlds is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, with the game also coming to Nintendo Switch early next year. If you haven’t jumpstarted your adventure in Halcyon just yet, you can pick up the game now over on Amazon.
Resolved Issues for Patch 18.104.22.168:
Top Community Requests:
- The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
- Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
- Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest
- Fix for “Radio Free Monarch” where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party
- Edit: Foliage on the Xbox One X now is now closwer in parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4/Pro. This does not affect Xbox One base or S models.
- The achievement/trophy for “It’s Not the Best Choice” will pop correctly
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.