So the contest that Rockstar started about Red Dead Redemption costumes and available perks has come and gone. While there was a clear winner, you can’t just earn the costume by pre-ordering the game and entering a code. Oh no, things are a little bit more complicated this time around.
So, if you want your badass deadly assassin costume, and the ability to use the dead eye targetting feature twice as often in combat, you’re gonna have to jump through a few hoops. Though, these hoops seem fun and something I would probably do anyways.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to obtain that handy getup.
* Win a Duel in Armadillo – Travel to the town of Armadillo, and accept the challenge to fight a duel. Just make sure to win.
* Capture or Kill Mo Van Barr – While in Armadillo, find the wanted poster for Mo Van Barr, accept the Bounty Hunting mission and bring this notorious member of the Walton Gang to justice, dead or alive.
* Solve the Mystery of the Missing Townsfolk – People have been disappearing for weeks from the outskirts of Armadillo. Track down the clues, solve the mystery and live to tell the tale.
* Search Coot’s Chapel – Find the ruins of Coot’s chapel in the wilds of Cholla Springs, and search it for treasure.
* Complete the Twin Rocks Hideout – Find the legendary criminal hideout of Twin Rocks, located North of the town of Armadillo, to complete this final challenge.
Just like that, you’ll be the man in black. This game is hitting shelves on May 18th for the 360 and Playstation 3.