The Sims 4 Cottage Living - All Available Cheats
Get a helping hand with some Sims 4 Cottage Living cheats.
The Sims 4 has made its home within the games industry for seven years now and, thankfully, shows no sign of slowing down. With a bunch of Expansion Packs and DLC’s at its back, Cottage Living adds a brand new farm life dynamic to The Sims that has players experiencing those chilled village vibes.
Cheats aren’t a new concept to The Sims series by any means, so using a code to allow your experience to become a little more enjoyable or more interesting can never hurt. If you’re like me and can never remember which code does what, here’s a list of some useful cheats for Cottage Living that you can store somewhere safe.
The Sims 4 Cottage Living Cheats
Courtesy of Carl’s Sim 4 Guides, below are some cheats that will see your Cottage Living adventure blossom into an epic endeavour.
In case this is your very first time using cheats in The Sims 4, you’ll need to activate it by pressing ‘Control + Shift + C’ on your keyboard. This will then open a taskbar in the top left-hand side of your screen where you enter the cheat codes. It’s very simple.
- Fancy getting Llama wool without the hassle? Making sure you have your TestingCheats True, Shift+click on your fluffy friend and this will instantly bring up a list of types of wool for crafting.
- Become best buddies with Cows, Chickens, Llamas, Rabbits, Birds and Foxes by shift-clicking, Cheat Relationship and then Set Max Friendship.
- Keep your animals well fed by making all recipes. To provide one of each animal treat as well as producing Golden Chickens, Rainbow Cows, etc, again, use shift + click on the fridge and choose ‘Animal Treat Cheats.’ Also using a treat will unlock the recipe for you.
- If you can’t be bothered or in a rush to strike up a relationship with Rabbits and Birds, Shift-clicking these animals allows you to buy animal homes for them straight away on your home land.
Thanks to the folks over at Sims Online, even more plentiful cheats have been brought to the surface. By using the good old tried and tested CTRL + SHIFT + C and making sure you have ‘TestingCheats True’ enabled, you can shift-click your way through these also:
- Spawn countless bunnies and rabbits by shift + clicking the ground, Create Animal and then Create Rabbit.
- Create a host of special chickens that includes a Golden Chicken by shift + clicking the area you want your chicks, rooster or chicken to go and pick Create Animal and Create Chicken/Rooster/Chick. You can also spawn an evil or golden chickens by shift + clicking on the coop and choosing Create Hen in Coop (Debug). Maybe you’ll land yourself an evil or golden hen?
- Feeling murderous? Why not jazz it up a bit and have a sim killed by a Rabbit – why not. By using the usual methods previously for cheats, shift + click on the poor Sim you want done in, pick ‘Kill’ and then ‘Be Slain by a Vicious Killer Rabbit.’ and watch the the magic happen.
- Unlock every available pattern and all sizes with the Make It Sew Cross-Stitch Kit cheat. Press shift + click on the kit, press ‘Unlock All Locked Patterns’ or you can choose ‘Create All Patterns In Inventory.’
The Sims 4 Cottage Living is out right now on PC, Mac, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
If you pick the game up before September 2, you’ll bag yourself the Gnome on the Go digital content, including a ridable bicycle, a statue of a gnome riding a chicken, and a majestic tree.