The Sims 4 Update Released On May 13 - Patch Notes, Changes
New eyes and updated hair styles in the latest update!
It’s always exciting when EA releases a new update for The Sims 4, what new customisation options could have arrived in the May 13 update for the popular life simulator?
Thankfully there’s some new content and even some much-needed bug fixes that arrived in the latest Sims 4 Update on May 13. Make sure you update your game to the latest version to receive all of the changes listed below!
- MORE: Will The Sims 5 Have An Online Mode?
The Sims 4 May 13 Update – Summary
There’s a lot to go through in the Patch Notes found below, but it might be easier for DualShockers to summarise all of the changes if you don’t feel like reading hundreds of words.
The latest Sims 4 update includes quite a few new Asian Eye Presets for both Female and Male characters. There have also been some updates to pre-existing hairstyles. The ‘Retro Style Large Afro’ and the ‘Short Afro’ have both received some changes. You can check out images of the new eye presets and hair updates below.
That’s all the new content in the May 13 update, but there are also some bug fixes. Various fixes were introduced for players that own the base game or the ‘Get Famous’, ‘Vampires’, and ‘Country Kitchen’ expansions.
The Sims 4 May 13 Update – Patch Notes
Check out the full patch notes for the latest Sims 4 Update from May 13, these notes were taken from the official EA website.
As you may have seen revealed in our past Sims 411 Livestream, we added in this update a few new Asian Eye Presets for Female and Male Frames. You can find these in Create A Sim and we hope you love them! In case you missed the Livestream, I have applied my nonexistent photoshop skills and have added them in these patch notes for your enjoyment. See below for maximum visuals!
Besides adding these presets we also have updated two hairstyles from our Base Game.
Firstly, we have the gorgeous Hair_MedTexCurls or as we have named it in our Sims 411 blog post, the “Retro Style Large Afro”. Beautiful! I added a few screenshots on how it looks with Female and Male Frames, and Adults, Children, and Toddlers.
Secondly, we have the fab Hair_EF13AfroShort or as we called it the “Short Afro.” I have added below some screenshots with Female and Male Frames – Adults, Children, and Toddlers as well for your reference. I want to note that we noticed that this particular hairstyle with the Black Color Swatch looks a bit Grey in the screencaps below, but we can tell you that we have fixed it already for a future update.
- We fixed an issue with two of our facial hair offerings, the ymFacialHair_BeardThinGoatee, and ymFacialHair_ChinStrap, as they were making Sims faces wider when applied.
- The Voodoo Doll’s thumbnail in Sims’ Inventories has been fixed so it doesn’t change appearance when used, as it should not.
- Simmers in Laptop Mode will no longer see glitch textures when the Easel is placed on the Lot. It was like a glitch in the Matrix, just… visually striking.
- Sims that saw their Transfer Videos to The More Views Video Station interaction drop from the queue while doing other things will no longer have this occur. Because what is technology but helpful? And why shouldn’t Sims shower and transfer their drone footage whenever they want to amirite?
- Vampire Sims will no longer be forever Compelled for a Deep Drink. As much as that sometimes might be what Vampire Sims would be compelled to do, they don’t have to. So it is not something that they probably want to have in their interaction queue forever and all time. Forever is a long time…
- The Country Charm Counter will now look correct when getting dirty, and not quite like… it has been taken out of a post apocalyptic movie set. There is a fine line between dirty, and… well, unrecognizable.