While my own experiences with Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online may have been decent, it seems that things have really gotten crazy since the game’s launch. Several bugs and issues have become apparent, including a flawed ranked match system and a generally shaky online match structure.
Fortunately, Capcom has put together a nice patch to alleviate most of the issues. Hopefully it will make playing it online closer to the pre-launch experience. The patch is planned to become available on September 27th and we are assuming it will be for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game.
Additionally, another patch is planned for release after this that will assuage any remaining issues even further. The support is very appreciated, especially from Capcom who’ve picked up a rather nasty reputation because of their re-releases lately. Hit the break for the complete list of changes.
Thanks to your excellent feedback, we have created a patch that will address a few bugs that you may have run into while playing Street Fighter III Online Edition. The patch will update the following items –
– Fixes a bug that made it difficult to get into a Ranked Match, especially during times of peak traffic.
– Fixes a bug that could cause players to have very large disconnection percentages (> 100)
– Fixes a bug that could cause characters to become invisible online, or to be displayed with incorrect colors.
– Fixes a bug that sometimes caused Hugo’s combo trial #2 to not detect correctly
– Fixes a bug that permitted an exploit in Trial mode when using “stun” settings
– Fixes some rare crashes
– Improves network stability
– Adds support for additional DLC packs
– Raises the online level cap