The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Modkit Update Brings Ability to Mod and Add New Textures
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’s modkit allows your imagination to run wild on PC, and it just got better.
Available from August, the modkit already allowed fans to create some fascinating stuff, like fast travelling to anywhere on the map and eliminating weight limit. The update brings with it normal fixes, and adds the ability to mod existing textures or add new ones.
Here is the update’s changelog:
- Fixed a bug causing wcc_lite to fail when uncooking the game.
- Added the abilty to mod textures from the textures array.
- Added a warning information when wcc_lite failed due too long file path.
- Claned up wcc_lite output log.
- Fixed a bug when some normal maps and speculars were imported incorectlly. Now imported textures which name ends with “_n” and “_s” will be assigned to proper categories.
- It is now possible to add new textures using mods.
- Serval fixes and minor improvements to Script Studio.
There is still no exact date on when this modkit update will go live, but it is “right around the corner.”