THQ Nordic Has Two Projects in Development for Nintendo Switch; Buys More IP
Today, THQ Nordic revealed via a press release that it has two games in development for Nintendo Switch. Further, the publisher also revealed that asset purchase agreements with Mobile Gaming Studios Ltd. and Enigma Software Productions S.L. have been closed, and that it has once again added more IP to its portfolio.
The following IP now belongs to THQ Nordic:
- Sphinx (and the Cursed Mummy)
- Sphinx (and the Cursed Mummy) is a third person action-adventure video game inspired by the mythology of Ancient Egypt. It was originally released for Xbox, PlayStation 2 and Nintendo GameCube.
- War Leaders: Clash of Nations
- War Leaders: Clash of Nations is a turn-based global strategy game bundled with a real-time tactics game mode for PC.
- Legends of War (Enigma Software Productions S.L.)
- Legends of War is a turn-based strategy video game series franchise created in 2010. It was released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PlayStation Portable.
Founder and Group CEO, Lars Wingefors adds that this new IP swoop are not “financially material acquisitions,” but are due to the companies love for “these type of games.” Further, the CEO revealed that it has received a lot of messages from fans that encouraged it to add said games to its portfolio.
“Among these titles, Sphinx (and the Cursed Mummy) is very well suited for the Nintendo audience – which we love to support.”
Lars Wingefors also went on to reveal that the publisher currently has two Nintendo Switch games in development.
“We are excited for Nintendo Switch, Nintendo’s new platform, and already have two other projects in development for it.”
THQ Nordic has said more information on the Nintendo Switch development projects will be released at a later stage. In other news, back at the end of October THQ Nordic announced it had acquired all of NovaLogic’s franchises. You can read all about that here.