Timber Tennis Makes Its Way to Mobile; PC and Console Release Planned for the Summer
Timber Tennis is a Pong inspired sports game with a retro art style.
Timber Tennis is a spinoff of another popular game titled Timberman from developer Digital Melody and publisher/co-developer Crunching Koalas.
Timberman was a small, super popular title. It debuted on the mobile market on May 18 and was played by over 30 million people.
Timber Tennis was inspired by the simplicity of Pong, with the addition of a cartoony tennis tournament aesthetic, power ups, and super shots. Players will make their way through the “Timber Tennis World Championship,” by upgrading their skills, using super shots, and avoiding enemy specials.
Game features include:
- Easy to learn, but hard to master gameplay mechanics.
- Local and online multiplayer.
- Recognizable characters including Timberman and friends.
- Tons of content to unlock including new courts, unique tennis balls, and various characters.
- A retro pixel art style.
- An awesome 8-bit soundtrack by Stalek, the composer of the original Timberman.
The PC and console versions of the game will exclusively include online and local multiplayer unlike its mobile counterpart.
Timber Tennis is available now completely free on iOS and Android. It will eventually be coming to PC first, followed by console versions that’ll be announced at a later date. No particular console has been confirmed as of yet.