WeirdBeard Games, as well as working together with the Spanish porting studio BlitWorks, have announced that their tower builder puzzle game Tricky Towers will be coming out for the Nintendo Switch next month on October 11th. In November last year, we saw the frantic tower building game receive a physical release for both the PS4 and PC.
Tricky Towers is a magical block stacking game where your character, who happens to be a wizard, uses its magic to secure your tower or to sabotage the architecture of your opposition’s tower. Don’t mistake its innocent appearance, because things can become really competitive as Tricky Towers is made for multiplayer with tournaments happening across many different matches and game modes, but there’s always something for the single player too with its own challenges and 50 wizard trials.
You will also find that WeirdBeard Games have ported all free and paid DLC onto the Switch version of Tricky Towers, plus additional brick skin packs, four spirit animal characters, and a special Indie Friends DLC pack with more characters to choose from.
Co-founder of Weirdbeard Games Niels Monshouwer stated on the game’s Switch announcement:
“A Nintendo Switch version of Tricky Towers has been our most requested feature since the console was announced. We have had a ton of requests across social media, email and even a few in person!’’
Some of the features you can expect to find in Tricky Towers are:
- Conjure up your wizard’s tower: cleverly stack your summoned blocks and use over 17 different spells to build the trickiest tower!
- Undermine your rivals: use dark spells to hamper or even push over your competitors’ towers, but beware – they can use these spells on you as well!
- Match your wizardry online: play with up to 4 players locally or online in one of the 3 game modes available – survival, race, and puzzle.
- Take up tricky wizard trials: these challenges require a sharp mind and shrewd magical engineering!
- Become the archwizard: climb up the leaderboard and see how you rank among your peers.
- Win the Wizardry cup: Participate in local and online tournaments and become the next Harry Potter!
Tricky Towers is available now on PC, PS4, digitally on Xbox One, and will be coming to the Switch on October 11th. You can pre-purchase the game now for €14.99/$17.52 in the Nintendo eShop, with a 20% pre-launch discount.
Check out the Tricky Towers Nintendo Switch announcement trailer below, followed by some screenshots.