Tropico 6 Announced; New Trailer Released
Tropico 6 will launch sometime in 2018, and will be available for Xbox One, PS4, PC, Mac, and Linux.
Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Limbic Entertainment officially announced the next installment in the popular Tropico series, Tropico 6.
For the first time, players will be able to manage large archipelagos, build bridges to connect the players’ many islands, and send agents to go steal landmarks from around the world. Some of the landmarks highlighted includes the Statue of Liberty from New York, and the Eiffel Tower from Paris. Players will also have the ability to customize their palace and give speeches to the people of Tropico. Finally, if you’re looking for mulitplayer, you’ll be able to partner up with three other players.
You can check out a full features list, straight from Limbic Entertainment, below:
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.
To coincide with the announcement, the developer also released a trailer. You can check it out at the end of the article.
The trailer begins with a narration by El Presidente himself, declaring that Tropico has become a paradise thanks to his work, and that he accepts the nomination for another presidential term. He then begins to reveal the new features included with the title, including the two mentioned above.
Tropico 6 marks the introduction of Limbic Entertainment to the Tropico franchise. The developer created an entirely new engine for the game using Unreal Engine 4.
More information about the title will be revealed in the coming months.
This news comes off the heels of a teaser released at the beginning of the month, which showed El Presidente putting out a ciger and walking out to a balcony.
Tropico 6 will be released for Windows PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. While an exact release date or window for the title was not given, the developer did say that it will be available sometime in 2018.