Turok 2: Seeds of Evil Remaster Releasing March 16
Nightdive Studios announced today that their remaster of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil will be releasing on PC March 16.
Turok 2 originally released for the Nintendo 64 in 1998, and went on to sell over one million copies. Nightdive Studios released the remaster of the original Turok on PC in 2015, and after a long period of silence due to licensing issues, is finally ready to release the game.
This remaster adds a new weapon, The Cerebral Bore, and a multiplayer game mode called Last Turok Standing. You can check out a full list of features below, courtesy of the game’s Steam Page:
- Fight your way through 35 different types of enemies with bouncing bellies, blinking eyes, stretching tentacles and snapping jaws. From Prehistoric Raptors, to evolved Flesh Eaters, to your final battle with the Mother of all beasts— you’ll want to defeat all of them!
- Enemies are now intelligent! They’re smart enough to attack in groups, to flee when they are outgunned, and to take cover during a firefight.
- Enemies now flinch and spasm differently depending on which body part you hit.
- Conquer 6 engrossing Quest Levels including the Port of Adia, the Death Marches and the Lair of the Blind Ones.
Over 20 New Weapons
- Unload multiple ricocheting shotgun shells with the Shredder.
- Send brains flying with the skull-drilling Cerebral Bore, a fan favorite.
- Stomp enemies flat while riding an artillery-mounted Triceratops!
- The new Multiplayer mode lets you battle with your friends. Using the best levels, weapons, and visuals from both the PC and Nintendo 64 versions, players will encounter a fun and visceral multiplayer experience.
- Players can also choose between a few skins for their character in combat. Network multiplayer is available through Steam, GOG Galaxy, LAN and direct IP with cross play capabilities.
- Split-screen mode is also available in network multiplayer. Lastly, a new multiplayer game mode called “Last Turok Standing” has been added.
New Game Engine
- Ported to the Kex Engine 3.4.
- Full 64-bit compatibility.
- Brand new UI system.
New Graphics System
- Modernized deferred renderer.
- Shadow maps and compiled light maps.
- Screen-space reflections on textures and materials.
- Dynamic and fixed-resolution sub/super-sampling.
- New decals and effects.
- Improved character speed and maneuverability, including the ability to grapple ledges.
- Updated maps.
- Improved AI.
- “Quick warp” feature allows instant travel to any previously visited portal.
- Save and load anywhere.
Stephen Kick, CEO and Founder of Nightdive Studios, had the following to say about the Turok 2: Seeds of Evil remaster:
“Turok 2: Seeds of Evil does more than just continue the series. From the moment that a player first begins their quest in the Port of Adia, they will face a whole new series of challenges and puzzles to solve. Players will also get to use a whole new series of weapons to overcome these challenges. And best of all, players will get to use these weapons against their friends in multiplayer mode!”
You can watch a new trailer for the Turok 2: Seeds of Evil remaster below.