Battleborn is one of the most anticipated multiplayer releases of 2016, due out on May 3 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. IGN First has revealed two new heroes for the game, the powerhouse Ghalt and the stealthy Deande.
Ghalt is a veteran of the Battleborn world, a peacekeeping military man who is first of the 25 Battleborn. His skills and ultimate make use of his trusted shotgun:
Weapon: UPR M8-R Revolver Shotgun
- Ghalt’s customized UPR shotgun deals incredible damage at short range, but is weaker at greater distances. Holding LT aims down sight for more precise shots.
Passive: Tactical Shells
- The last 4 shots in Ghalt’s Revolver Shotgun cylinder deal 25% additional damage.
Skill 1: The Hook
- Fire out an energy hook that pulls enemies to you.
Skill 2: Scraptrap
- Deploys a trap to a target location, stunning nearby enemies for 2 seconds and then exploding dealing 133 damage. A maximum of 2 traps can be deployed simultaneously.
Ultimate: Dual Wield
Ghalt equips a second shotgun, doubling his damage output for 10 seconds.
Weapon: Tessurim War Fans
Deande’s primary melee combo (RT) strings a series of rapid melee strikes, while her secondary attack (LT) hurls her fans at foes for ranged damage.
Passive: The Element of Surprise
- For 3 seconds after uncloaking, all of Deande’s skills and attacks deal 25% additional damage.
Skill 1: Holotwin
- Cloaks Deande and deploys a decoy (20% health, 25% damage) to fight in her stead for 8 seconds. Upon death or expiry the decoy explodes for 20% damage.
Skill 2: Burst Dash
- Deande charges forward, dealing 200 damage and pushing back enemies. Hit enemies are weakened, lowering their attack damage by 30%.
Ultimate: Blink Storm
Upon activation, Deande unleashes a flurry of 10 strikes directly ahead of her, stunning enemies and dealing 50 damage per hit.