Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Gets Info on New Modes, Upcoming Changes and More
During a livestream on Twitch hoested by Naughty Dog, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Game Designers Quentin Cobb, Vinit Agarwal and Robert Ryan provided more information on what you can expect from the future of the game, focusing on multiplayer.
- The new Sunken Ruins map will be introduced in ranked multiplayer next week. They didn’t put it in immediately to test it a bit in regular mode and make sure it didn’t have bugs and imbalances.
- Some changes are being worked on to ranked matchmaking to make ranks between those who are selected for a match closer in range.
- The team is considering introducing more modes in ranked multiplayer.
- One of the designers used to be part of the competitive scene in Call of Duty, and brought that expertise to Uncharted 4‘s multiplayer.
- The team isn’t ready to have ranks displayed as numbers yet. The matchmaking is still work in progress, and they don’t want players to fixate on numbers.
- The Lab might come in the future, but it’s something the developers don’t want to tackle until all the core features are in place.
- The trial for the Path of Indira is a little too difficult so the team is working on changing that.
- The team would really like to support clan tags and features, but it’s “technically sort of tricky.” For the moment there is no more info about that.
- Everything is on track according to the road map released a while ago.
- The forfeit system was introduced to discourage just quitting a match.
- The leaderboards now show normalized values. The team would love to show live stats. They’re actually already capturing a lot of them currently. It’s something they’ll look into, but can’t make promises. What is already in the roadmap still has priority.
- There will be more than one new game mode. Creating them takes a lot of time, so they can’t yet share when they’ll come. They have been prototyping a couple of options for the moment.