Uncharted 4 Gets Tons of New Info On Multiplayer; Check Out Menus and Customization from the Beta
During a livestream on Twitch, Naughty Dog Lead Game Designer Robert Cogburn, Game Designer Vinit Agarwal, Game Designer Erin Daly and Director of Communications Arne Meyer provided a whole lot of new information on Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End‘s multiplayer.
Below you can read a summary of what was revealed:
- Since this will the last Uncharted game, Naughty Dog added a lot of fanservice to the multiplayer, giving birth to the mysticals.
- With the PS4 Naughty Dog could do things with AI that couldn’t be done with the PS3. That’s why they created the sidekicks.
- In the presentation at Paris Games Week, the Cintamani Stone mystical followed the player. Now it’s a ranged grenade-like ability. It has a quite big area of effect.
- The Wrath of Eldorado mystical isn’t a one hit down, but it just does damage.
- The Staff of Ayar Manco is a new mystical: upon activation a staff appears on the ground and pulses periodically, it reveals the enemy team location on the radar. The radar is a new element, and you appear on it when you shoot your gun. The staff can be destroyed by the enemy for cash.
- Indra’s Eternity is another newly introduced mystical: the player throws a dagger on the battlefield. It activates a large area of effect field that slows down the enemy team. They can still get out of it, shoot and throw weapons, but they’re slowed down until they are free.
- Sidekicks can earn cash for you as they act on your behalf. The enemy team also gets more cash when they are killed as the sidekick performs.
- The message of the day will give you periodic updates on what’s happening with the game. There will also be surveys.
- The challenge pop up appears every time you log into the game. It gives you an overview on the challenges that you can accomplish and gain “Relics.”
- Relics are used to purchase items in the out-of-match store.
- Uncharted Points can be used to purchase specific items.
- There are customization options including outfits, taunts and hats. Some taunts have props.
- Beta points are used exclusively during the beta to unlock weapons and sidekicks. You will get them while playing.
- Gear ranges from grenades to revive packs, mines and C4. It can be purchased with cash eaned while playing, and during the match you can increase the number you carry and change how it functions
- As the match progresses you can pick treasures up. They give 200 cash and some ammo. You have also a chance to get a relic.
- Killed players can also drop a relic.
- Revive stacks, the more people are involved the faster. The revive pack also makes it faster.
- Loadouts are governed by Loadout Points. You have 25 points and each item costs a certain amount of points.
- You can have “Booster” abilities that can be upgraded.
- You can purchase things from the in-match store on the fly instead of opening the backpack.
- The beta will be periodically updated as it runs.
- The cash price of items during matches increases the more you use them, that will prevent players from using them over and over.
- Uncharted 4 will be released with eight new multiplayer maps. The beta will include two.
- The team is “really excited” about the content that they’ll launch after the game releases.
- The beta will roll out across different regions at slightly different times of the day.
- The team has been experimenting a lot on new modes, and they are seeing “positive results” with them.
- There will be only one mode in the beta, but there will be many more in the game. There’s “so much more to show off.”
- The time limit of each match is 12 minutes, and the kill objective is 35. Match generally last between 8 and 10 minutes.
- The beta will be 7 gigabytes. The install size is different depending on region. There will be no pre-load option.
- There’s “a lot of content” in the beta, more than in the average beta.
- No player data will carry over from the beta to the final game.
- Players spawns are not random. They take a wide variety of elements in account.
- You can equip up to three sidekicks at the same time, but you can spawn only one at a time. If you spawn a new one, the one you have out will die.
- A few more streams on Twitch will be broadcasted by Naughty Dog during the beta.
Below you can also check out the menus showcased today, including the customization options.
The multiplayer beta of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will begin on December 4th. It will end on December 13th.