During a livestream on Twitch, Naughty Dog Game Designers Robert Ryan and Erin Daly and Director of Communication Arne Meyer shared some more information on what you can expect from Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.
First of all, we learn that there’s going to be an “Italian villa” in the single player campaign, from which the new “Rooftops” night map has drawn inspiration.
“The goal is to capture this vibe of verticality and the nooks and crannies of an interesting italian villa which is one of the locations of the single player game.”
It’s worth mentioning that we don’t know if this means that the villa will actually be set in Italy, or just built in Italian style, but considering how great the Rooftops map is, I can’t wait to check it out.
We also got more information on multiplayer:
- The developers have considered stealth, and are still considering how to fit some elements of it in the game. They recognize that at the moment stealth players don’t have many options in the multiplayer game.
- New characters will be released after launch.
- Due to feedback from the closed beta the Brute has been changed so that it doesn’t assault the enemy team on his own, but stays focused around the player, so it’s a lot more difficult to just push the enemy team with an army of brutes.
- Some changes have been made to guns in order to better balance them.
- The sniper rifle in the game is named after the last name of one of the QA testers in the team, who is very accurate. The shotgun is also named after another QA tester. There are many more of those Easter eggs in the game.
Meyer also mentioned that the information he promised a while ago on multiplayer modes and options is going to come “much closer to launch.”