Capcom took the time during their panel at San Diego Comic Con to reveal Shin Akuma, a playable character in Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, and how to unlock him.
Players must enter a series of inputs during the character select screen in order to unlock the hidden character:
- Choose Ryu, highlight color 1, then press cancel.
- Choose Ken, highlight color 9, then press cancel.
- Choose Sagat, highlight color 8, then press cancel.
- Choose M. Bison, highlight color 7, then press cancel.
- Highlight the random select, then press L and R simultaneously.
Shin Akuma is a beefed up version of Akuma, who boasts improved attacks and higher damage; however, he maintains the same health pool.
If you’d like to main Shin Akuma, then you best familiarize yourself with the inputs as players will need to enter them every time they want to select him. While the game may be on Nintendo’s Switch, having players input the code every time harkens back to when Ultra Street Fighter II Turbo was on arcade machines and players would need to input the codes every time they played.
You can read more about Street Fighter V, including upcoming sports DLC that added costumes for characters here. The DLC launches on July 25.
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers is available now on the Nintendo Switch for $39.99.