Until Dawn Developers Reveal Political Thriller for VR Called ‘Shattered State’
Developer Supermassive have given VR fans a nice surprise today as they reveal and launch their brand new title called Shattered State
Developers at Supermassive Games who hail from England have released a brand new game out of nowhere it seems, which they kept quite cloak and dagger about until now. The busy bees who are already putting together Man of Medan have added yet another title to their list. Shattered State is a narrative driven and political thriller in VR form for Google’s Daydream platform, so anyone with a compatible phone or headset can give it a bash today.
Supermassive isn’t new to the VR world, having previously released Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, The Impatient, and Bravo Team and now Shattered State. So, what is this title about exactly? I’m glad you’ve asked.
Shattered State centers around your position as Director of the National Intelligence Agency in the eye of a national crisis. As you try to regain leadership you also have critically important choices that will decide the fate of your colleagues, the public, and ultimately, the nation. Shattered State centers on what choices you make and the consequences you and others must adhere to because of them, impacting both the course of events and the outcome of the game. Like many choice-driven games, Shattered State allows you to journey through multiple playthroughs to see what each outcome of your choices could have been, either for the better or worse.
Simon Harris who is the Executive Producer of VR Games at Supermassive, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Google to bring our acclaimed storytelling and production values to Daydream. This partnership has enabled us to create a game which we believe sets a new benchmark for mobile VR.”
Features you will expect to see in Shattered State:
- Create your own story – Immerse yourself in a cinematic thriller, where your choices have consequences with real impact on the course of events and the outcome of the game.
- A unique VR experience – A fast-paced gaming experience bringing Supermassive’s high production values to Google Daydream.
- Multiple outcomes – every decision you make changes the course of the game, providing multiple paths and outcomes within the same story.
- Believable characters – can you make the right choices, who do you believe? Who is on your side?
- The game supports the WorldSense™ feature and is optimized for the Lenovo Mirage Solo standalone VR headset.
Shattered State is now available for Google Daydream compatible devices exclusively and is currently downloadable via the Google Play Store.
Take a look below at the Shattered State Reveal Trailer: