Update 12 for Warframe on PC has New Zephyr Warframe and Other Additions
The PlayStation 4 version of Warframe recently got a massive update and now it’s the PC version’s turn for some add-ons. The latest update will include a new heads up display, new weapons, game mode and a brand new Warframe, the Zephyr.
Here is a list of all of the new features:
- NEW WARFRAME ZEPHYR – Specializing in air attacks and mobility, Zephyr dominates from above.
- SAVE DARVO – The ‘Ties That Bind’ Alert Mission has players working to save the infamous Darvo once again. To participate, players can click on the in-game Alert and follow Darvo’s guidance.
- NEW MISSION TYPE – The new Interception mission type has players trying to intercept an interplanetary communication that is being beamed to four towers on the map. The more towers captured and held, the faster the message can be decoded. Players must also keep the enemy from decoding the message for themselves. Once the message is decoded by either side, the round is over.
- NEW WEAPONS – A number of new weapons are now available including the Phage Shotgun, Jat Kittag Jet Powered Polearm, Dual Cestra Sidearms and the Akstiletto Dual UZI.
- LEVEL EXPANSION – The Forest Tileset has returned and is now found in all “Earth” missions!
- MOD STACKING – Mods will now be organized in stacks in the Arsenal to improve duplicate Mod management.
- NEW TENNO LAB – The new Tenno Research Lab allows players to construct Warframes in a new way – in the Dojo!
- NEW IN-GAME HUD – An updated Heads Up Display provides a refreshed and simplified playing experience.
- ALTERNATE HELMET – A Paladin has never looked so good! Give Oberon a fresh look with a new Alternate Helmet – Oryx.
- NEW WARFRAME SKINS – Customize your Warframe with four new Warframe Immortal Skins!
Below are two videos: The first has the developers going into detail about update 12 and the second is a trailer for the Zephyr Warframe.