Today, developer Reborn Interactive and publisher Kalypso Media released a new trailer for their upcoming city-ruling strategy simulation game, Urban Empire, which is scheduled to release for PC on January 20, 2017.
Never heard of Urban Empire? Don’t sweat it — here’s everything you need to know courtesy of the game’s Steam page:
Urban Empire is a ‘City Ruler’, pioneering a new breed of strategy game that combines city builder features with political scheming and adds profound social and historical events into the mix, creating a whole new gameplay experience where players must employ strategic planning and political savvy to successfully grow their cities in their role as Mayor.
In it, you take control of a mayoral dynasty and lead your city and people through 200 years of history. Establish infrastructures, plan city districts, debate political decisions at the town council, bribe or blackmail your opponents, empower the democratic rights of your people or ignore them and reign supremely by yourself – the decision is yours!
Beginning in the 1820s, establish your city through five different eras, each with its own threats and opportunities. Master the challenges of the centuries, face political struggles, experience world-changing events and pioneering inventions, and create your own unique Urban Empire!
– City Ruler, not City Builder: Urban Empire offers a unique combination of classic city building and political management gameplay. Take on the role of a mayor, be a political mastermind and prove your skills by prevailing against opposing parties and guiding your city through technological evolutions and ideological revolutions.
– Choose from 4 ruling families with 5 characters each like the equal rights and social justice advocates the Kilgannons, or the Sant’Elias, who focus on scientific progress and the pursuit of knowledge.
– Create and manage city districts on a large scale and fulfil your citizens’ needs – such as happiness, safety, and public services.
– Introduce new ideas and technologies, like the electric tram, antibiotics or video games and use your power to convince the city council of your political agenda.
– Up to 1000 dynamic events represent the twists and turns of urban life: make and influence decisions on issues such as women’s rights, the hippie movement, and child labor.
Urban Empire will launch on January 20th at the price point of $39.99 USD. However, if you pre-purchase the game, you can snatch the game for $33.99 USD via a 15 percent special discount.
Below, you can check out the new trailer: