Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Gets New Character Trailer for Kuon
Today we get a new character trailer for Kuon, a key character in the upcoming visual novel rpg Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception.
Atlus released a new character trailer for the upcoming Aquaplus visual novel rpg, Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. The trailer which can be seen below, showcases Kuon, a mysterious traveler who rescues the main character Haku in the beginning of the game and eventually becomes his guardian.
If this is your first time hearing about the game, here is a quick breakdown of Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, courtesy of Atlus:
- An Unforgettable Story – Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we’ll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
- An Active SRPG Battle System – Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or vital dodges/blocks.
- Fully Fleshed Out Combat – Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It’ll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
- Breathtaking Art – With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
- Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score – The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception will release in the Americas on PS4 and PS Vita in both physical and digital formats. The European PS4 version will have a physical release, however the PS Vita version will be only be released digitally.