Digital Uppercut has been busy so far at Gamescom this year with the announcement of Unto The End releasing on Switch, and they’ve now got another game heading in that direction also with the arrival of Valfaris.
From the team behind Slain: Back From Hell, comes a heavy metal inspired platformer with amazing art from Andrew Gilmour and a ferocious soundtrack to accompany you on your quest. After disappearing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has returned in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a safe haven, citadel now plays owner to an expanding darkness. Therion, the courageous son of Valfaris, returns to his home to unearth the truth of its condemned fate and challenges the corruption at its heart.
Digital Uppercut took the opportunity to display some new games during this year’s E3 with the likes of To Azimuth, a surreal adventure game, inspired by 70s science fiction and alien abduction stories, where they also provided a trailer and some screenshots.
Key Features in Valfaris according to the press release include:
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
Valfaris will launch on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch in 2019, with a release date following in the near future. You can check out a new selection of Valfaris screenshots below: