Valheim Hearth and Home Update 0.202.14 Patch Notes Today (September 16)
Hearth and Home has finally arrived!
A brand new update for Valheim was deployed earlier today (September 16) and it includes the arrival of the hotly anticipated Hearth and Home expansion.
Here’s everything you need to know about Valheim’s first major update that was released on September 16, including the full patch notes.
- READ MORE: When is the Roblox Twenty One Pilots Concert? Time and Schedule
What’s New In Hearth and Home?
There’s so much content in today’s update that it might actually be easier to list the things that aren’t new in Hearth and Home.
As mentioned previously, this is the first major update for Valheim and includes new pieces of content, as well as some major overhauls to certain gameplay mechanics.
The update is available on Steam right now and includes a new blocking system, weapons rebalancing, new weapons, items, and 12 new food items with an overhaul of the general food system.
All of the details can be found in the official Hearth and Home patch notes below.
- READ MORE: Tales of Arise Sales Top 1 Million, is it the Best Selling Game in the Series?
Valheim Update 0.202.14 Patch Notes (September 16)
Below you will find the official Valheim: Hearth and Home patch notes, the update was released on September 16 and brings the game to version 0.202.14.
More details on today’s Valheim update can be found on the official Steam News Page.
- Weapons rebalanced (All weapons have been rebalanced to be more viable as main weapon and also have more unique playstyles)
- Blocking system overhauled (Current maximum hp now greatly affects your ability to block attacks, stagger bar gui added)
- Naming tamed creatures
- Gamepad sensitivity settings
- Auto-pickup toggle button added
- Graphics settings (Active point lights & Active point light shadows)
- Tamed creatures affected by friendly fire setting (i.e you can’t hurt a tamed creature unless you enable friendly fire or use the new Butcher knife item)
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
- Food rebalance (Most food items now give mainly stamina or mainly health to make food choices more interesting)
- Food GUI overhauled to work better with the rebalanced food
- Over 10 new things to eat (Actually 12)
- Tamed Lox now have a purpose
- Slimy locations & creatures added to plains
- New plantable seeds: Birch, Oak & Onions
- New weapons: Crystal battleaxe, Silver knife
- New shields: Bone tower shield, Iron buckler
- Butcher knife (Special weapon for butchering tamed animals)
- Thunder stone (Sold by trader)
- Lox accessory
- New Darkwood building pieces like shingle roofs, beams, decorations and more
- New types of furniture, including but not limited to a mighty stone throne and a steamy viking hot tub
- Crystal walls
- New types of stacks to show off your treasure and resources
- Cauldron improvements: Spice rack, Butcher’s table, Pots and pans
- Cartography table (For sharing map-data with other players)
- Oven added (For baking bread and pie)
- Obliterator added (Items be gone)
- Iron cooking station (Required to cook some types of meat)