Valheim Update 0.148.6 (Today, March 23) - Patch Notes, Bug Fixes
The latest Valheim patch notes are right here.
Valheim continues to be one of gaming’s fastest-growing properties. After only being released back in February, the Viking RPG has already garnered a whopping playerbase of over six million and is smashing Steam concurrent player records.
Currently, however, the game is only in early access, meaning there are some key features, locations, quests and more missing from the game.
Thankfully, Iron Gate has laid out a roadmap for the year, detailing everything they plan to bring to Valheim while updating the game’s smaller, more niggly bugs in the meantime.
Today, the game received another bug-fixing update. Here are all the details you need from the Valheim March 23 update.
- MAC SUPPORT? – When is Valheim Coming To Mac?
— Valheim (@Valheimgame) March 23, 2021
What’s changing in today’s Valheim March 23 Update?
As usual with these updates, not a great deal. The March 23 update fixes a variety of bugs including
Valheim March 23 Update full patch notes
Buckle in, here are the full patch notes for the latest Valheim update:
* Campfire,Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage
* Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6×4
* All boss drops can now float on water
* Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck)
* Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands
* Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased
* 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix
* Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame)
* Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore
* Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument “-console” to enable)
* The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
* Improved enemy projectile reaction system
* Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier)
* Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies)
* Blackforest stone tower tweaks
* Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps)
* Comfort calculation fixed
* “Failed to connect” error message fixed
* Serpent trophy stack fix
* Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds “genloc” command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common)
* Megingjord item-collider fix
* Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
* Hammer remove auto-repeat added
* Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible)
* Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason)
* Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats
* Server list refresh button can be pressed before the entire list has been downloaded
* Better bad connection detection
* Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected
* Localization updates
What else is in the Valheim Roadmap?
- HEARTH AND HOME – New Developer Info and Screenshot
There are four major updates coming to Valheim in 2021. They are – Hearth and Home, Cult of the Wolf, Ships and the Sea and a new biome called “Mistlands”.