Valheim Update 0.153.2 (Today, May 12) - Patch Notes, Harpoon Overhaul
Every year there’s always a handful of games that simply exceed expectations.
Last year we had the likes of Hades and Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and so far this year, the outstanding candidate so far, seems to be Iron Gate’s Valheim.
The Viking-RPG received over six million downloads in less than two months and it reached the point where the developers stopped releasing the information.
The team are hard at work with a large roadmap for the game, which is ultimately still in early access, however, that doesn’t mean they’re going to stop putting out patches. Here’s all the information you need to know about the Valheim update on May 12.
- VALHEIM HEARTH AND HOME – New Developer Info and Screenshot
What’s Changing in Today’s update?
As stated, the team are hard at work on their Valheim roadmap, with the first stage, titled Hearth and Home, their core focus.
Of course, while they are mainly focusing on future elements of the game, they still need to pay attention to the bugs that are cropping up, and that’s precisely what this update it – fixing a range of bugs.
Valheim Update May 12 – Full Patch Notes
Here are the full patch notes for today’s update, taken directly from the game’s official Steam page.
* Fixed smelter issue when a very long time has passed since visiting (10000 days)
* 30s Pre world save warning added
* Stone stair physics fix
* Inventory screen gamepad focus fix
* Large-creature visual overhaul (troll, boss-2 & boss-3)
* Troll ragdoll material fix
* Harpoon mechanics overhauled
* Engine updated (some stability improvements)
* Draugr archer visual fixes (1 & 2 star draugrs sometimes got the wrong material)
* Fixed issues when crafting station is destroyed while in use
* Creature group spawning adjusted to avoid spawning over total limit (in some cases)
* Credits updated
* Localization updates
What details do we have on Hearth and Home?
Unfortunately, not a huge deal.
We know it’s going to be revamping the base building and crafting system, as well as a few other bits and pieces, but beyond that, Iron Gate haven’t shared a lot.
The team has also, probably wisely, refrained from offering a release date to avoid disappointing eager fans and putting pressure on their internal development.