Valorant Update 2.05 (Today, March 16) - Patch Notes and AFK Changes
Going AFK will put you in trouble.
Valorant has dominated the competitive FPS scene ever since its launch last year. Riot Games has been actively introducing updates to the game, adding new operators, maps, and much more.
Riot Games has released the Valorant patch 2.05 and has added unique keybinds for various agents and along with this, improvements have been made to the competitive and AFK penalty system. A bunch of bugs have been fixed as well to enhance the gameplay experience for players. Here you can find the complete patch notes of the Valorant 2.05 update:
- MORE FROM VALORANT: TenZ Departs C9 To Join Sentinels – Will He Replace Sinatraa In Valorant Masters?
Valorant Update 2.05 Patch Notes
Added unique keybinds to the option menu for flying up and down when using Owl Drone
Added unique keybinds to the option menu for flying up and down in Astral Form
- The Career: Act Rank tab now has a toggle which allows you to choose to enable or disable your Act Rank. The default is on, but if you don’t want to flex your skills, you can always turn it off.
- The Match History tab now allows you to filter your matches per mode. We know sometimes you just want to look at your Competitive matches.
- Players will receive a small rank rating penalty for dodging Competitive games.
- Tuned Radiant Rank Rating gains and losses to be more consistent with Immortal rank rating behavior
- Custom Games layout and visuals have been updated
- Improved AFK Detection
- Updated Penalties for AFK offenses
- This includes warnings, queue restrictions, XP denial, Competitive queue bans, and game bans
- Updated Penalties for chat-based offenses
- This includes warnings, chat restrictions, Competitive queue restrictions, and game bans
- Reminder that zero tolerance offenses will result in game bans automatically
- Fixed a bug where Ranked game icons were misaligned in Match History
- Astra now starts Spike Rush games with all 5 star charges
- Killjoy can’t place Lockdown off the ground by jumping and placing it on cosmetic pieces of geo on the walls anymore
- Fixed issue where Cypher’s Spycam dart could sometimes hit players that were on the other side of a wall
- Fixed Killjoy not getting charges from her Alarmbot and Turret back if they are recalled after she is resurrected
- Fixed dead enemies being counted as flashed enemies in the combat report
- Fixed Astra’s “Out of charges” VO not playing for her abilities while in Astral Form
- Fixed the deafening effect on nearsights not playing if Astra is in the game
- Fixed Cypher’s Spycam targeting going through Sage’s wall
- Fixed Astra having trouble placing Stars on the defender side boxes of Icebox mid from the A site
- Sova Drone and Astra ascend/descend binds now properly respect changed jump/crouch keybinds
- The defuse range circle indicator that shows after planting the Spike again displays properly.
- Fixed a rare bug that could leave players unable to move or process inputs until they died when entering or returning from Astra’s astral form, Sova’s drone, Skye’s scout, or Cypher’s Spy Camera.
- We previously addressed some causes of this bug last patch, this fix should address the remaining known causes.
- Fixed an issue where the Stinger’s stock would appear detached on the ground
- Improved readability of player names in Observer
- Fixed an issue where Skye’s seekers did not visibly move on Brimstone’s tactical map
- Fixed an issue where scoreboard color doesn’t appropriately swap at side swap for Observers
- Fixed a bug that would cause the “Network Problem” icon to appear when no network issues were present
The improved AFK penalty system in Valorant update 2.05 will punish the AFK players in a better way so that the opponents don’t get the numbers advantage. The changes made were much needed and after the huge demand from the Valorant community. Riot has implemented them to make the game fairer for everyone.