Good news VN fans! Developer Otomate and publisher Idea Factory announced multiple new Visual Novels games on Nintendo Switch, at the Otomate Party 2018 event on Sunday.
In total, six brand new Visual Novels games were announced for Nintendo Switch:
- Olympia Soiree
- Gensou Kissa Enchanté
- Shiritsu Belle Bara Gakuen ~Versailles no Bara Re*imagination~
- Vilshana Senki ~Genpei Hika Musou~
The last new game is tentatively named Haraichi Iwai Produce Plan. The game is a collaboration project between Yuuki Iwai and Otomate. For those out of the loop of Eastern culture, Yuuki Iwai is a popular Japanese comedian, gamer, streamer, and radio host. He often shares his love for girls oriented Visual Novels and Boys Love media. Whether the game will turn out to be a Visual Novel or not remains unspecified, however.
Meanwhile, eight ports of past Visual Novels games have also been announced for Nintendo Switch:
- Clock Zero ~Shuuen no Ichibyou~ Devote
- DIABOLIK LOVERS CHAOS LINEAGE
- Hakuouki Shinkai Tsukikage no Shou
- Hakuouki Shinkai Ginsei no Shou
- Yunohana SpRING! ~Mellow Times~ For Nintendo Switch
- Moujuutsukai to Ouji sama ~Flower & Snow~ For Nintendo Switch
- Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku Modern Nostalgie for Nintendo Switch
- Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku Gentou Nostalgie for Nintendo Switch
A rhythm game, Hypnosis Mic -Division Rap Battle-, was also announced for iOS and Android with a 2018 release schedule. The Nintendo Switch is definitely succeeding the PlayStation Vita as the go-to platform for Visual Novels, at least in the eyes of publisher Idea Factory. Idea Factory plans to bring in new fans as well, seeing some of these ports concerns the first games in their series.
All Nintendo Switch games have an unspecified or 2019 release schedule in Japan. While none have been announced for a Western release yet, It’ll be interesting to see if Nintendo Switch will contribute to the Visual Novel genre becoming more popular outside Japan.
Idea Factory published teaser videos for most of the games. You can check them all below: