VR Invaders – Complete Edition Launches on PS4; Receives New Launch Trailer
Bullet hell visceral shooter VR Invaders - Complete Edition has launched on PSVR. Alongside the release of the game we also get a new launch trailer.
My.com has released their latest virtual reality title, VR Invaders – Complete Edition on PS4. The game first launched on PC in December 2016 and is finally seeing its console debut. Alongside the release of the game we also get a new launch trailer, which can be seen below.
If this is your first time hearing about the title, here is a breakdown of the game’s premise and features:
VR Invaders is developed by My.com’s in-house studio and delivers a story driven dive into virtual reality. Built on Unreal Engine 4, VR Invaders puts the player in the role of a Diver. They are special members of a virtual reality rescue force that plunges into VR when dreams turn into nightmares. During a routine operation to rescue a “stuck” user, the player will have to fight back unexpected hordes of droids created by a vicious virus program. Equipped with a blaster that has multiple firing modes and a time-bending energy shield, players can battle through various levels with challenging bosses at the end of each level. Players will be able to use power ups to arm themselves with dual blasters or transform their weapons into even more powerful modes, such as a laser or a plasma gun.
- We must go deeper – Engaging story with interesting characters, which unfolds as you “Dive” into a virtual reality program of a future world to save a user that is stuck, and to battle the unforeseen causes of that glitch.
- Fast-paced action – Become a living bullet hell for your enemies. Blow them to pieces, crush them against the walls, evade or block their shots. The core mechanics are easy to grasp, but using them to the fullest against all the threats will be a challenge.
- Arcade play mode – Become the best cyberspace diver out there by achieving a high score in the separate arcade mode. Choose from three different difficulty levels, kill drones in a quick succession and shoot incoming bullets to gain combo points.
- Endless game mode – Fight against hordes of enemies and try to survive for as long as you can.
- Target Practice mode – Hone your shooting skills with dual wielding machine guns, improve your accuracy against incoming VR bombs and beat the High Scores.
- Slow motion power – Freeze time to a halt when you need breathing space. You can take down lots of drones at once, dodge bullets or check that no one’s attacking you from the side.
- Multifunctional pistol – Gather power-ups from killed enemies to temporary arm yourself with dual blasters and transform your cyber weapons into various more powerful modes, such as a laser, shotgun or a plasma gun.
- Various levels – Virtual reality is vast. You will see radically different and gorgeous environments, from claustrophobic and dark to enormously big and bright. Level structure shapes the gameplay. Don’t forget to leave behind a trail of destruction, you won’t get sued over the damage done to the levels in Virtual Reality.
- Hordes of droids and Treacherous Bosses – Enemies are numerous in quantity and type. Each one behaves differently and demands a change in combat tactics. Uniquely challenging bosses await at the end of each level.
- Local High Scores – Score the most points to test and improve your skills across the different game modes. Invite a friend over and duke it out over who can rack up the most points!
VR Invaders – Complete Edition is currently available on PSVR for $17.99. The game is also available on PC via Steam.