Want Guaranteed Beta Access to The Secret World? You Better Pre-Order it!
If you’re unfamiliar with The Secret World, an mmo being developed by Funcom, here’s the short version of it. Think Twilight meets Blade meets 28 Days Later, except with quite a bit more action of course.
From the preview we sat through last year, the title looked solid and today EA has announced how you can get a piece of the action early. Weekend beta access (that will last until launch) is being given to those players who pre-order ahead of time. You’re probably thinking to yourself “but Joel, when can I pre-order?” And my answer to that is: pre-orders are now officially being taken for the title which is set to launch on June 19, 2012.
Beta access isn’t the only bonus for paying early, check out the full list of goodies being given to players who pre-order after the cut.
- Guaranteed access to all Beta Weekends starting May 11, with the ability to carry over their characters to every subsequent event
- Guaranteed Early Access to the game, up to four days prior to the game’s official launch
- An exclusive in-game item providing an experience boost to progression
- An exclusive in-game t-shirt featuring a unique monster design
- A powerful pet (Ferocious Wolf, Egyptian Cat or Loyal Hound) to support the player in combat
- A head start on character naming before the game launches