Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr 2.0 Update Heavily Reworks Progression and Endgame
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr will receive Update 2.0, which reworks many in-game systems, on May 28.
NeocoreGames’ Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr came out for PC last June; unfortunately, the response to the ARPG upon release was somewhat mixed. Since launch, the developers have chipped away at updating the game and bringing it to consoles. Today, NeocoreGames unveiled a 2.0 update that will rework the progression system, level cap, endgame content, loot system, and more.
According to the developers ,Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr’s 2.0 update will hit PC on May 28. Currently, there is no firm release date for the update on consoles, with NeocoreGames only promising that it would come to PS4 and Xbox One “a bit later.”
This update is based on both player feedback and “extensive testing” on the developer’s part, so it should get to the core of some of the game’s main problems and improve them. When it comes to combat, players can now lock onto targets faster and the overall speed and flow has been improved. Progression is more fleshed out, and experience will immediately gained upon killing an enemy now instead of at the end of the level.
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr’s 2.0 update is also set to improve the endgame by increasing the level cap to 100, adding special quest Challenges into the mix, and adding an endgame item tier. Loot is also seeing some improvements, with the kind that drops now being better balanced for the player’s level. The game’s story will also be playable in co-op following this update.
You can check out the current list of changes this update is set to bring below, though NeocoreGames is promising the final version of Update 2.0 will feature even more changes:
- Power rating of items and characters is gone and will be replaced with Player levels.
- The maximum level is increased from 80 to 100, but reaching level 100 will be quite the challenge.
- Mission difficulty will be based on your character’s current level
- You can equip items depending on your character level (you are allowed to wear items 5 levels above your character level)
- The level requirement of the loot you gain is based on your character level (±5 levels in general)
- We reviewed and edited more than 400 different animations and actions, from movement to active skills. This will ensure a fast-paced gameplay, more in line with traditional ARPGs.
- A few examples:
- throwing a grenade will be faster
- characters will turn without an arc
- weapon abilities will be much faster
- Martyr’s story will be available in co-op mode (2-4 players).
- The Tarot system will be revamped
- Tarot cards and their powers will be completely changed
- Instead of generating Tarot missions, every random mission can be enhanced with Tarot cards, similar to the originally planned system
- These missions will be more difficult and more rewarding at the same time
- Players will be able to level up Tarot cards
- Crafting will be instant and won’t require slots
- New unique blueprints will be added to the game, allowing a higher variety of items
- The Modify feature will be revamped
- Challenges will be a new type of special quests with extra rewards
- A maximum of 5 challenges can be active at a time per character
- New challenges will be generated from time to time
- One challenge can be swapped every day
- Challenges will be shown on the Star Map
- A separate leaderboard will be added to Challenge mode
- Warzones will be revamped with new rewards and new maps
- They will be increasingly difficult challenges, allowing it to function as a gear-check challenge
- Completing a level for the first time will give better rewards
- Various loot sources will have a chance to contain a Map Fragment
- Combining Map Fragments will provide special missions with high level endgame loot
- The Map Fragment missions will also contain hidden clues, rooms, etc.
- Map Fragment missions are limited, they can only be repeated after collecting new fragments
- A new endgame item tier will be added with unique active skills.
- Items will have a chance to contain sockets
- You will be able to enchant your items through these, and even combine these enchantments to create a more powerful upgrade to the item.
Unique, evolving items
- Loot can now contain unique items but powerful stats which are hidden in the beginning
- You will need to complete challenges to unlock these traits
Other quality of life improvements
- Faster mission selection: Based on your feedback, we made mission selection and traversing the Star Map faster and more fluid
- You will be able to access your inventory and swap your gear pieces during missions as well
- The XP Bar will be visible during missions, and killing monsters will grant your characters XP instantly instead of at the end of the mission
- The tutorials must be completed only once (with each class), you will be able to skip them on other characters
- And many more!
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr is currently available for PC, PS4, and Xbox One and can be picked up on Amazon. If you’re interested in trying out the game following the 2.0 update, it is poised to hit PC on May 28.