Warzone Update Today (June 22) - Patch Notes & MG82 Nerf
The MG82 Meta might be over already!
The MG82 quickly become the talk of the Warzone community when it was released at the beginning of Season 4. It boasted a high rate of fire, quick mobility, and barely any recoil. But, the latest Warzone update released on June 22 looks to get rid of the latest weapon meta and restore balance to Verdansk.
Raven Software has deployed a brand new Warzone patch, available for all platforms right now. DualShockers have got a full rundown of the new update, as well as the official patch notes, right here in this article.
- MORE: Warzone Season 4 – Best MG82 Meta Loadout
Warzone June 22 Update – Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the Warzone update released on June 22. These notes were taken directly from Raven Software.
- Some thoughts on Perks…
- We are exploring all avenues in terms of changes to provide ‘fair’ and ‘reactable’ counterplay options to Dead Silence. A decision like this must be made carefully especially considering how it may destabilize other aspects of the game. We cannot promise anything at this moment but as we close in on an appropriate solution, we will share more details. Sit tight.
- Light Machine Guns
- MG 82 (BOCW)
- Maximum Damage decreased from 30 to 29
- Minimum Damage decreased from 28 to 27
- Maximum Damage range decreased by 20%
- Headshot multiplier decreased from 1.3 to 1.2
- Upper Chest multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1
- Extremities multiplier decreased from 1 to .9
- Vertical and Horizontal Recoil increased
- We had envisioned the MG 82 (BOCW) as a short to mid-range Light Machine Gun given its relatively fast handling, mobility, and rate of fire. However, it also retained many powerful LMG traits like damage profile, bullet velocity, and magazine size all while having negligible recoil. These factors in combination created one of the most dominant weapons to land in Verdansk. Do not be deceived by the magnitude of these changes. The damage per magazine and rate of fire is still top tier so we expect the MG 82 to remain viable.
- MG 82 (BOCW)
- Submachine Guns
- Nail Gun (BOCW)
- We will be keeping a close eye on the Nail Gun (BOCW). We feel it kills about a bullet faster than we would like. With extremely low rate of fire Weapons, they can be on a razor’s edge of balance wherein missing a single shot can turn an incredibly fast Time to Kill into one of the slowest in its class. This is not the case with the Nail Gun (BOCW) now, but if it required an additional bullet to kill and nothing else changed, it likely would be. So, we may push and pull on some of its functionality to ensure that it fulfills its role as a highly mobile, close range, full-auto dominator that can rival shotgun TTKs but rapidly wanes in efficacy the further enemies are from you. They are just nails after all.
- Nail Gun (BOCW)
- Fixed an issue that was causing some Players to have to restart the game in order to unlock a gifted Battle Pass.
- Fixed an issue causing tier skips to not apply properly when receiving a gifted Battle Pass Bundle.
- Fixed a locked control room door in Salt Mine that was killing Players instantly upon contact.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to lose control of their Operator after walking through a Red Door if another Player had previously died while going through it.
- Fixed an issue where using some QBZ-83 (BOCW) Blueprints would cause Players to crash.
Warzone & Cold War Season 4
The MG82 might have received a nerf, but there’s still plenty of other content for players to discover in the latest Call of Duty season.
The C58 Assault Rifle is one of the other new weapons for players to earn for completely free in the new Battle Pass. It’s not quite as over powered as the MG82 LMG, but still boasts impressive power, range, and recoil control.
As well as a new weapons, Season 4 features brand new map changes to Warzone, new modes in Cold War Multiplayer, and even a brand new Outbreak region for Zombies.
Check out the full roadmap for Season 4 below to see what’s currently live in-game, and what can be expected from the mid-season update in approximately one month.