Wasteland 3 New Update Brings 60% Faster Load Times
Wasteland 3 load times have been reduced by 60% on PC and 25% on Xbox One, thanks to the new update.
The 1.1.2 update recently released for Wasteland 3 fixes dozens of issues with visuals, co-op elements, and quests, but the biggest change is considerably reduced load times.
From day one, Wasteland 3 was suffering from multiple technical issues in various forms, but the developers managed to wipe out the bugs and problems one after another with consecutive updates. Now, InXile Entertainment has launched a new patch that targets the loading time of the game on Xbox One and PC. According to the patch notes, the new update reduces load times on PC by 60% and on Xbox One by 25%.
The loadings in Wasteland 3 don’t keep you waiting too long, however, the number of loading screens you face during transitions between various locations are too many. Here you can take a look at the other issues that have been fixed by update 1.1.2:
- Do you hate long load times? We hate long load times. Our engineers changed how the game loads levels, reducing load times by up to 60% on PC and 25% on console.
- As one example, on our PC test hardware a 38 second load time was reduced to 13 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where combat could become unresponsive with use of the Chain Ambush Perk for sniper rifles.
- Resolved several progression blocking issues in Yuma County Speedway.
- Enemies are now much less invisible after use of Precision Strike.
Performance & Stability
- Significantly changed how levels load, resulting in up to 60% faster load speeds across the game on PC, and on average 25% faster for consoles.
- Note: your hardware, save data, and which level you’re loading into can all impact load times. Your mileage may of course vary.
- As part of this change, auto-saves will no longer occur as a part of the level load, and instead happen concurrently. This can lead to situations where you’ve loaded into the next scene but an auto-save is still in-progress. Don’t close the game while the Ranger star is spinning.
- Major Prasad will no longer crash your game if you exit while she’s still talking.
- Additional stability and performance improvements for consoles that were too technical for the person writing these patch notes to understand and explain easily. It’s good stuff though. All good stuff.
- We’ll be continuing to target and resolve specific stability issues as necessary.
- Players can no longer attack companions that are in the process of being recruited by the other player, in case your partner likes to troll.
- Fixed an issue where the Guest client could become unresponsive when talking with Hope Emerson and choosing to side with Del Hackett and her people.
- Improved stability while in the Hire Companion screen.
- Players can now use the keyboard in the lobby screen to choose game type, options, invite player, and ready up.
- Enabled UI Narration in the Direct Connection interface and for multiplayer game messages sent through chat.
- Fixed an issue with voice chat text-to-speech and speech-to-text.
- [Microsoft Store] Resolved an issue where guests couldn’t rejoin a lobby they’d just left.
Quests & Gameplay
- Resolved an issue where quirks could become unselectable during character creation.
- Fixed a potential blocker with Medical Marvel not allowing revival without use of a Nitro Spike.
- Resolved a rare issue that would block you from speaking to a companion.
- The door in Yuma County Speedway leading to Liberty is now unbreakable as intended.
- Fixed minor graphical issue with the radio.
- Some cinematic characters have been given microdermabrasion treatments and now have better looking skin.
- Skill levels for recruitable characters now display properly in all cases.
- Mission status should no longer display incorrectly after quest completion or updates.
- Resolved issue where the spinning Ranger Star would permanently stay on screen after saving the game
Launched later in August this year, Wasteland 3 is a conclusion to a trilogy of ground-breaking isometric RPG that unfolds the story of a group of rangers in the post-apocalyptic lands of the US, where everybody is struggling to survive, even if only for a few more days. In Wasteland 3, Rangers take a trip to the frozen lands of Colorado where they’re promised to get a lot of necessary resources if they aid the Patriarch to deal with his own children, who have turned rogue.