Players looking for a quick fix to recently-released Watch_Dogs 2 are temporarily out of luck. According to developer Ubisoft, the latest update (1.04) for the open world game will optimize performance and fix some bugs, but will leave the much-advertised seamless multiplayer offline.
The recent patch notes (seen below) focuses primarily on bug fixes for all consoles and PlayStation 4 Pro optimization. Interestingly, Ubisoft has updated an NPC model that was especially explicit — all other nude male and female NPCs have remained untouched.
It was announced only a day before launch that Watch_Dogs 2‘s seamless multiplayer would be offline for an undisclosed period of time. According to Ubisoft, the seamless multiplayer was causing lag issues and occasional crashing across the game. While players can still invite friends to play in co-op mode, other modes like Bounty Hunter remain unavailable.
While it was estimated by Ubisoft that the fix to the seamless multiplayer struggles would come with the next update, the recent patch notes confirm that the timeline has been delayed a bit. There has been no word one way or the other when the following update will be released, however Ubisoft did say that “more info will be available soon.”
Watch_Dogs 2 released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 15, 2016 — meanwhile, the game releases on PC on November 29. Check out the full patch notes below:
- [XB1/PS4] [Bug / Glitch] Emote Wheel Swap – Bug where emotes and weapon wheel become intermixed is now fixed
- [XB1/PS4] [Bug / Glitch] Explicit NPC Model – We’ve updated one NPC model that was previously explicit. Nudity on other male and female NPCs has not been changed
- [XB1/PS4] [Bug / Glitch] Phone App Disappears – Some players encountered a bug causing their phone apps to disappear. The fix will recover the missing apps
- [XB1/PS4] [Performance] Graphics / Low FPS / Nudle – Framerate during the “Limp Nudle” mission has been improved
- [PS4] [Performance] Graphics / Low FPS / PRO – PS4 Pro performance should be improved with this patch