Western Release of Blade Arcus from Shining: Battle Arena Announced for PC via Steam
Remember Blade Arcus from Shining EX, released a while ago in Japan, bringing several characters from Sega’s Shining JRPG series into a 2D fighter? Well, it’s coming west. But it isn’t coming for PS4 and PS3 as it was released in Japan. It’s coming for PC via Steam, courtesy of Degica Games.
Below you can find an official description, key points and the system requirements:
In a world controlled by blade, magic, and fist diverse warriors gather for battle!
This is a 2D fighting game featuring characters from Shining Blade and Shining Hearts.
- Tag Battle with 16 playable characters
- Beautiful artwork by Tony（AlbionWorks）
- Story Mode with full voice acting
- Hone your skills in Traning Mode!
- Go head to head with your friends in Versus Mode!
- Online mode, created just for the Steam release!
- Defeat your rivals from all over the world with Online Leaderboards/Ranking System!
4 Different Game Modes!
- Explore the characters stories in an RPG style with full voice acting in Story Mode!
- Go head to head with your friends in Versus mode.
- Hone your skills in Training Mode.
- Take on Blade Arcus Battle Arena players from all around the world with Online mode.
Play as one of 16 different characters from the Shining Universe!
All your favourite characters are here including Rage, Sakuya, Misty, Sonia, Rick and Dylan!!!
Here’s the full list:
Ryuuga, Pairon, Rage, Sakuya, Xiao Mei, Altina,Roselinde, Melty, Fenrir, Isaac, Rick, Dylan, Rouna, Urayukihime, Misty, Sonia
- Tony（AlbionWorks）has created some incredibly beautiful artwork for this game.
- We’ve also brought on an incredible cast of voice actors including Yukari Tamura, Nana Mizuki and Rie Kugimiya.
Originally from Japanese game centres/arcades, Blade Arcus from Shining features unique battle and game balance systems. Play online, defeat your rivals, and become the very best!
You’ll utilize tag-based mechanics by selecting a primary character and a secondary character. You can switch characters between rounds as well as call on your partner for help using “Link Attacks”.Beautiful Artwork and Voice Acting.
- OS: Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz or faster processor
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 3.1 compliant video card
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 4 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectSound
- Additional Notes: Controller recommended
You can also check out a few screenshots in the gallery and a trailer, and find the game’s page on Steam. It’ll release on July 29th.
Now, if only we could get a localization of the latest Shining JRPGs… I know, scant chance, but a man can dream.