What is Postal Redux? PS4's Cancelled Game is Now Available on PS Store
Postal Redux is now available on PS4.
Postal Redux‘s release on PS4 might be surprising for some players, but here we will go over the reasons for the game’s cancellation back in 2017 while providing some details on the overall Postal Redux experience. But first, let’s see What is Postal Redux?
What is Postal Redux?
Postal Redux is a high-definition remake of a top-down isometric shooter game. Controlling a character called The Postal Dude, you will enter a surreal and violent world where everyone has gone crazy and you need to defeat all the demonic creatures. The Redux version features revamped visuals, music, sounds, and modernized gameplay. Now that you know the answer to ‘what is Postal Redux?’ let’s have a look at the story behind the game’s cancellation.
Why Has Postal Redux Been Canceled?
It’s always a good thing to see the canceled games or projects reviving and coming back to the production pipeline once again. Postal Redux was supposed to come to PS4 back in 2017, however, the game’s low number of sales on PC forced developers to cancel the PS4 version. That being said, the game was revived back in 2020 with its launch on Nintendo Switch, and yesterday, it was officially released on PS4 as well.
Here are some of the most notable features of Postal Redux, mentioned on the game’s PlayStation Store page:
- Brand new Rampage mode: Take aim for the high score in this frantic mode that awards points for sustained kill streaks, creative methods of destruction, and blistering fast action!
- Battle through 17 levels in the classic Campaign: Beginning from your humble Home, traverse through The Mine and Trailer Park, witness the mean streets of The Ghetto and the bright lights of The City, all the way to the final standoff at the Air Force Base, including a stop at the all-new Carnival.
- Includes the original add-ons: Blast through Special Delivery’s EZ Mart, Shanty Town, Earthquake, and the luxurious La Palamino Resort, and then head to Japan in Super POSTAL’s Tokyo and Osaka! Play through everything together in the massive combined 23-level Excess Postage campaign!
- A wide range of foes: Defend yourself against gun-crazy Vigilantes, trigger-happy Police Officers, trained and efficient SWAT and Military squads, the quintessential Marching Band, and angry Ostriches!
- 10 weapons of destruction: Lay waste with the mighty Shotgun and Spray Cannon, roast attackers with Molotovs and the Flamethrower, fill the streets with fire with the Napalm Launcher, clear out entire groups with Grenades and the Rocket Launcher (Heatseekers included!), lay traps for unsuspecting pursuers with varied types of Mines, and introducing the commanding Revolver!