What Is Warzone Operation Monarch? New Game Mode Explained
Operators will need to watch out for Kong and Godzilla!
Season Three of Call of Duty: Warzone could be the most interesting season yet, as King Kong and Godzilla are set to battle it out on Caldera with the beginning of the new Operation Monarch Event.
Along with a two-week-long event, a new 60 player game mode known as Operation Monarch will see players drop into Caldera to collect intel, avoid the giant titans, and even use the monsters’ special abilities for their own purpose. Completing new challenges throughout the duration of the event will also bag players the “Ancient Rivalry” Marksman Rifle Blueprint.
If you’re eager to find out more, here’s everything you need to know about the new Operation Monarch game mode, which will go live in Warzone at 10AM PT / 6PM BST today.
- MORE CALL OF DUTY: Modern Warfare II Will Feature Two Iconic Weapons From Original Game
Warzone: Operation Monarch Game Mode Explained
Although Operation Monarch will be the name of the two-week-long event, fans will also find a separate game mode of the same name.
The new limited-time mode will be a 60 player lobby with Quads only, with the Resurgence rule set also active. According to the Call of Duty blog post, a small section of Caldera will be marked for the first safe area, and outside of one massive twist, the rules are simple: be the last team standing.
Aside from simply surviving, players will need to find Monarch Intel. The intel can be found in Supply Boxes, special drops, and fallen enemies. Collection the Monarch Intel will charge a special meter that unlocks items such as Killstreaks and Loadout Drops, along with a unique and powerful Titan Killstreak reward for filling it up completely.
So what about the big twist of the mode? Well, players will need to watch out for Godzilla and King Kong, who will be causing chaos around the island. The giant titans will also occasionally experience ‘Titan Frenzy’, which will see both Kong and Godzilla enraged and recklessly attack players.
The team that deals the most amount of damage to King Kong and Godzilla will receive the new S.C.R.E.A.M killstreak. This special device Operatives unleash the awesome power of Godzilla and Kong in battle, allowing players to use one of two powers from the Titans: a Heat-Ray breath from Godzilla or a ground pound from Kong.
- IN OTHER NEWS: PlayStation 6 Likely In Development With “Next-Generation” Chip In Works
There will also be a total of eight challenges available during Operation Monarch, each granting a new reward to players. Completing all of the challenges listed below will grant the player with the special “Ancient Rivalry” Marksman Rifle Blueprint.
- Play Operation Monarch for 6 Hours: Reward — Epic “Ancestral Skull” Charm
- Use a Kong or Godzilla Killstreak Once: Reward — Rare “Ancient Remains” Charm
- Use a Kong or Godzilla Killstreak Three Times: Reward — Rare “Monarch Eyes Only” Charm
- Deal 500,000 damage to Titans: Reward — Rare “Concrete Jungle” Sticker
- Deal 135,000 total damage to Kong in Titan Frenzy Events: Reward — Legendary “Team Godzilla” Emblem
- Deal 135,000 total damage to Godzilla in Titan Frenzy Events: Reward — Legendary “Team Kong” Emblem
- Collect 3,000 Monarch Intel: Reward — Epic “Skyline Crasher” Calling Card
- Place in the Top 15 twelve times in the Operation Monarch Limited-Time Mode: Reward — Epic “One Will Fall” Spray
Further details on the new mode and event can be found on the official Call of Duty website.