Wii Controllers Selling Really Well
Nintendo has shared that 65 million Wii remotes have been sold in the United States since the launch of the system almost 4 years ago. The company says it sells an average of 46,000 Wii Remotes every day.
Nintendo then made the following statements:
“How much is 65.3 million Wii Remote controllers? That’s enough for every man, woman and child living in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Detroit and San Francisco, and enough still remains for every resident of Florida, Ohio, Virginia and North Dakota. This demonstrates that Wii owners like to play and they like to play together. They’re not the stereotypical gamers playing alone in their parents’ basement.”
The following is a breakdown of all the Wii remotes sold in the United States:
- 30.41 million included with the Wii hardware
- 12.92 million sold with Wii Play
- 18.56 million white versions sold separately
- 2.44 million black versions sold separately
- 467,500 pink versions sold separately
- 465,200 blue versions sold separately
Additionally, 52.9 million Wii Remote Nunchuk attachments were sold in the United States through September. That is pretty darn impressive.