Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap Launches for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on April 18, 2017
Today, publisher DotEmu and developer Lizardcube announced that its remake of Wonder Boy III: The Dragon’s Trap, Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, is set to launch for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on April 18, 2017. As you may know, the game is also in development for PC, however, at the moment DotEmu has only narrowed down the release of this version to sometime this spring.
Here’s an overview of the game via DotEmu:
A good curse makes a good game (or so they say)! turned into a half-human, half-lizard monstrosity by the Meka-Dragon, a lonesome adventurer is facing the challenge of a lifetime! In search for a cure, our mutated anti-hero will explore the many traps of Monster Land… and defeat many stuff-throwing, curse-wielding dragons. How many more transformations can one hopeful body survive, as it turns into a Lizard, a Mouse, a Piranha, a Lion, and a Hawk… The six different forms of our shape-shifting hero make up the cast of this non-stop action-adventure platformer!
- A huge interconnected world!
- 6 playable forms for our shape-shifting hero, with different abilities!
- Dragons of all kinds! A Zombie Dragon! A Mummy Dragon! A Samurai Dragon!
- An eye-patch wearing shop-keeper pig who may or may not provide a sense of warmth and direction!
- Beautiful, hand-drawn animated graphics!
- A memorable soundtrack, based on Shinichi Sakamoto’s originals, re-imagined and recorded with classical instruments!
Notably, the game also features the ability to switch in real-time between the original retro graphics and the modern remake graphics. You can also input your old Sega Master System passcode to unlock all your old saves and progression.
A price point still has not been announced.