World End Syndrome Announced in the West; Blazblue Central Fiction Special Edition American Release
Arc System Works announced World End Syndrome in the west and revealed the American release date for BlazBlue Central Fiction Special Edition.
Arc System Works announced this Saturday at the Anime NYC event that both BlazBlue Central Fiction Special Edition and World End Syndrome will release in North America in 2019.
BlazBlue Central Fiction Special Edition will release for Switch on February 7th in North America, the same date as in Japan. The game’s European publisher, PQube, already announced in October it will release in Europe on February 8th. While Japan and Europe will get physical editions, the game is digital-only in North America, as confirmed by Arc System Works America on Twitter.
Here’s the game’s official description from PQube:
Experience the final chapter of the epic BlazBlue saga in 40-plus hours of story mode, featuring over 30 unique characters on more than 60 stages and challenge yourself or your friends in one of the many modes – anywhere you go! Including all downloadable content and updates to date, BlazBlue: Central Fiction Special Edition Special Edition will be the most comprehensive version of the showpiece anime fighting game series from Japan.
- The Final Chapter – Find out how the massive story around Ragna the Bloodedge concludes or relive the grand finale!
- Unique Character Designs – Fan favorites returned and new faces joined with Central Fiction—who will be your fighter of choice?
- Stunning Visuals – Iconic and beautifully rendered 3D stages offer a unique contrast to the intricately hand-drawn 2D fighter sprites.
- Be the Aggressor – Central Fiction introduced Exceed Accel attacks to finish Overdrive mode with a bang and Active Flow that will encourage aggressive play!
- Various Game Modes – Apart from classic modes like Story and Versus, find new challenges in many modes!
- Easy to Pick Up – Not a fighting game veteran? Not a problem! Choose Stylish Type and perform the most spectacular combos with ease!
World End Syndrome will release for PS4 and Switch in “Spring 2019”. The game was released in Japan on August 30th, after a delay from its initial April 19th release date, for the same platforms plus Vita. Sadly, like always now, the Vita version didn’t make the cut.
World End Syndrome is a mystery visual novel, featuring a teenager who moves to the port town of Mihate, and lives in with his cousin Maimi Kusunose (voiced by Hisako Toujou). He also meets a quiet girl called Miu Amana (voiced by Shiori Izawa) and hears about the town’s mystery: supposedly, every hundred years, the dead come back to life. Maimi and Miu are the game’s main heroines, but it also features many other characters and has multiple endings depending on your choices and interactions with them.
The characters were designed by Yuki Kato, who also handles BlazBlue‘s character design. The game has always piqued our interest and you can check our previous coverage of it with the Japanese version’s first trailer, the second trailer, and some screenshots. The game won’t be dubbed in English and we’ll get the Japanese voices.
As a side note, you should be careful not to mix up World End Syndrome with another visual novel coming west in 2019, Our World is Ended. I’m really looking forward to that one too.