World of Final Fantasy’s PS4 vs PS Vita Graphics and Loading Times Detailed and Compared in New Videos
Square Enix released details and videos about the differences betweeen the PS4 and PS vita versions of the upcoming World of Final Fantasy, launching in North America on October 25th for PS4 and PS Vita.
You can find them summarized below.
- The game content is the same between the two versions, but the PS Vita version requires to download separate voice data. Japanese voice data is available as a free download (it’s worth mentioning that this is for the Japanese version, we don’t know whether it’ll be available in the west or not).
- The game will not support PS Vita TV.
- Resolution on PS4 is 1080p, while on PS Vita it’s 960×544.
- Frame rate is 30 FPS on both platforms. On PS4 a cautionary note mentions that there might be some fluctuations, while on PS Vita it says that frame rates is variable.
- Characters, background and effects have a softer and more detailed display on PS4, while on PS Vita part of the visuals are simplified according to the performance of the hardware, and some distant objects may be hidden. This doesn’t change the level of difficulty of the game.
- Multiplayer allows for exchanging mirage and PvP gameplay, but PlayStation Plus is required only on PS4.
While not specifically mentioned, the videos below also showcase a difference in lighting, very evident in the scene with the station master cactuar. The PS4 version certainly has less aliasing and better graphics overall, but the PS Vita version still looks quite good. Notable is the fact that the difference in loading times (compared in the second video) between the two platforms is negligible.