World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced
As if we didn’t know this was coming. Blizzard, you’re so predictable! In a good way, though. Today the company announced that World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, the third expansion for their hugely popular MMO, will be seeing a Collector’s Edition with lots of extra goodies and such. As an owner of all the previous WoW CEs, I’m definitely looking forward to this one, as well. Here’s what the Cataclysm CE will include:
- Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematics department and the World of Warcraft development team, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development.
- Exclusive in-game pet: he may not be a breaker of worlds just yet, but Lil’ Deathwing will still proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.
- Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special Warcraft(R) retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.
- Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks.
- Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
- World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector’s Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.
All in all it sounds like a great Collector’s Edition, although somewhat predictable. I actually kind of expected them to go above and beyond what they have done before, throwing in something crazy, like our very own goblin baby or something.