World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Set to Release This Summer
Pre-purchasing World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth will give you a level 110 character boost instantly so you can start recruiting the new Allied Races.
Blizzard announced Battle for Azeroth — the next expansion for the popular MMO World of Warcraft — will launch this summer and is available to pre-purchase right now.
Players who buy the expansion today can begin recruiting four of the new Allied Races — two for each faction. Once you have reached level 110, completed the necessary quests and gained the required reputation, you will be able to create characters from one of the new races. If you play for the Alliance, the Void elves and the Lightforged draenei will be accessible; if you play for the Horde, the Nightborne and Highmountain tauren will be available. More Allied Races are set to release sometime in the future.
Pre-purchasing Battle for Azeroth will also give you a level 110 character boost instantly so you can start recruiting the Allied Races, as well as prepare for the upcoming expansion. If you do decide to level up one of the new races from 20 to 110 will unlock a set of cosmetic gear known as Heritage Armor.
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth will continue the story of the ongoing fight between the Horde and the Alliance. The new expansion will feature two new kingdoms Zandalar and Kul Tiras, the aforementioned Allied Races, the 3-player scenario-based Island Expeditions, 20-player cooperative battles called Warfronts, and an increased level cap of 120.
Both the Standard and Digital Deluxe editions of Battle for Azeroth are available to pre-purchase for $49.99 and $69.99 respectively. The latter includes a few in-game bonuses for some of Blizzard’s other titles:
- World of Warcraft: Charge into battle astride the Seabraid Stallion (Alliance) and Gilded Ravasaur (Horde) mounts, and explore new frontiers with Tottle, the baby Tortollan pet, at your side.
- Hearthstone®: After a rough day on the front, rest up at the tavern and play a few hands of Hearthstone with your hot new Azeroth Is Burning card back.
- StarCraft® II: Make your mark on distant worlds with Horde- and Alliance-themed sprays.
- Heroes of the Storm®: Roar onto the Battlegrounds of the Nexus riding your Primal Flamesaber, a fiery new mount with three variants.
- Overwatch®: Champion your faction on the battlefields of tomorrow with Horde and Alliance voice lines for Torbjörn and emotes for Tracer; sprays featuring Anduin, Sylvanas, Jaina, and Varok Saurfang; and player icons representing Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
A boxed Collector’s Edition of the expansion will also be available with a few goodies in addition to the previously stated bonuses. However, details have yet to be announced.
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth will be the seventh expansion for the long-running MMO. It was initially announced at BlizzCon 2017 alongside cinematic and features trailers.