WWE 2K20 Universe Mode Gives Players More Freedom to Create
The WWE 2K20 Universe Mode is bigger than ever, increasing the number of matches, belts, and rivalries you can have on a show.
With WWE 2K20‘s imminent release, tons of details regarding 2K’s next entry in the professional wrestling “simulation” franchise have been revealed. However, it seems we are only scratching the surface as 2K revealed a slew of details regarding the WWE 2K20 Universe Mode.
If you aren’t familiar with the recent entries of the franchise, Universe Mode allows you craft your very own versions of WWE’s major shows, like Raw and Smackdown, and minor shows, like NXT (although that isn’t really the case anymore since it is being shown on cable television now) and 205 Live. This includes scheduling matches, growing rivalries, and setting up promos for the various WWE Superstars. The WWE 2K20 Universe Mode brings everything from last year’s entry and improves upon it. Here is the full list of changes and improvements coming to the mode according to the latest post from 2K:
- Major and minor show match limits have increased from 7 to 9.
- Pay-Per-View match limits have doubled from 7 to 14.
- The number of championship titles per major show has increased from 6 to 7.
- Simultaneous rivalries on major shows have increased from 3 to 4.
- Pay-Per-Views can be co-hosted by up to 3 major shows versus the previous 2.
- Players have more freedom to delete and add promos and matches.
- 50 of the most-used cutscenes have been reshot with female mocap actors to look more authentic when female Superstars are used.
- 25 new cutscenes have been added.
- 3,040 new promo lines are in the game.
- Custom Matches can now be included in Match Tables, along with new Mixed Tag Matches.
- New Championship Match setting in Match Tables can be used to make certain matches a title match.
- Main Event matches in Match Tables have been tweaked so that those match types are more likely to occur on the show (Example: Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View).
- New rivalry content includes options such as low-intensity enemies making peace after a single Pay-Per-View or low to mid-intensity allies slowly falling out over several weeks instead of a sudden turn.
- The overall menu flow has been streamlined to make it more accessible to those new to Universe Mode. All deeper options are still available for experienced players.
Most of the changes made basically increase the number of various facets of Universe Mode, such as match limits, simultaneous rivalries, and the number of titles on major shows. Another notable addition is the use of female mocap actors for the 50 most-used cutscenes.
WWE 2K20 is set to launch on October 22, 2019, for Xbox One and PS4.