A new patch has been rolled out tonight for the beta preview version of the Xbox One April update, and below you can find the list of changes posted on the private beta forums as relayed by reddit user SilasDG.
The good news is that it fixes some of the Blu-ray issues that have been plaguing beta testers in the past couple weeks. The bad news is that one issue still seems to linger.
What’s interesting is that the development team mentions that the update will mostly get fixes from now on, meaning that most or all of the new features for the April update are in place and just need refining, and indicating that the update itself is probably set for a public release soon.
First Post By: Mistur NiceGuy
A new 1404 system update starting to deploy tonight!
We have started to deploy the latest 1404 update (xb_rel_1404.140405-2200). This update will be rolled out in waves. The first group will be able to install the update starting at 8:00PM PDT on 4/7. Consoles in this first group that have not received the update in standby mode by 1:00AM PDT on 4/9 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live. We’re at a stage in previewing this update where new updates will primarily contain fixes and improvements. The following changes are contained within this build:
- Ongoing fixes and adjustments to the user interface.
- A new fix for the Blu-ray software issue that can result in the “Do you own this game or app? (0x87de07d1)” error.
- A fix to address issues where the Blu-ray drive will not ingest a disc after the console has been idle for a period of time.
- Update to address an issue where some non-Blu-ray disc media types are pulled back into the drive after being ejected, requiring a second eject command.
- A fix for an issue where some games may become unresponsive when attempting to resume after the console has come out of standby.
- In this version of the 1404 update, the startup process of a console doing a cold boot up (systems that are configured for power saving mode, versus instant on) will encounter a delay of approximately 30 seconds, during which a solid black screen is displayed. This issue is not present for consoles powering up from a standby state. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
- During silent update installation some devices controlled by the Xbox One via IR (TVs, receivers) may power on in the middle of the update process and not power back down. The developers are investigating this issue.
- Some preview participants have encountered issues where GameDVR clips are periodically being recorded without audio. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
Second Post By: Mistur NiceGuy
Posted 8 Apr 2014 11:44 PM
We are releasing this update to the remaining participants starting tonight. The remaining participants will be able to install the update starting at 6:00PM PDT on 4/8. Consoles in this second wave that have not received the update in standby mode by 1:00AM PDT on 4/10 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live.
Also, we are aware of an existing issue in this update where consoles coming out of standby that try to launch a game from disc may fail to launch the game, requiring the disc to be ejected and reinserted. The development team is working on a fix for this issue.