Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan walked the stage at PAX Prime to announce a brand new Xbox One controller, successor of the Onza and the Sabertooth. It’s named Razer Wildcat.
The controller was developed in collaboration with with some of the top eSports teams in the world, including Elevate, Synergy, CounterLogic and TeamLiquid.
It includes multi-function buttons and triggers and materials with enhanced durability, and it has been developed with an eye on ergonomics and weight. It also comes with two additional buttons on the front and two additional triggers on the underside.
The Wildcat was intentionally designed with removable triggers instead of paddles (unlike the Elite controller by Microsoft), as they sit nicely under the middle finger. They can be customized to any single function, and they’re forged in aircraft-grade aluminum.
Finally, the controllers includes a quick control panel (allowing the customization of every single button) and analog stick neck made of high carbon steel.
The Wildcat will weigh only 260 grams, which is two less than Microsoft’s default controller and quite a lot lighter than the Elite. Below you can see the main features, a series of images and a trailer spelling out all the perks of the controller and showing it in greater detail. It will cost $149.99 and it will ship worldwide in early October.
- 2 shoulder Hyperesponse Multi-Function Bumpers
- 2 removable Hyperesponse Multi-Function Triggers
- 4 Hyperesponse ABXY action buttons
- 4 button Quick Control Panel
- Optional trigger stops for rapid-fire
- Zero slow-turn analog joysticks
- 3.5 mm audio port for stereo audio output and microphone input
- Optional rubber palm grips
- Quick-release cable feature
- Carrying case
- Detachable 3 m / 10 ft lightweight braided fiber cable with Micro-USB connector
- Approximate size : 106 mm / 4.17” (Length) x 156 mm / 6.14” (Width) x 66 mm / 2.60” (Height)
- Approximate weight (without cable) : 260 g / 0.57 lbs
In a follow-up press release Min-Liang Tan added a comment about the Wildcat:
“The Razer Wildcat for Xbox One is the third generation Razer Xbox controller and the result of years working with eSports athletes on many prototypes. The lightest tournament-grade controller in its class with additional remappable buttons gives gamers an incredible edge.”
This post was last modified on August 28, 2015, 5:33 pm